Friday, February 18, 2011

W 35 - Other Peoples' Perspectives 1

I decided to interview 3 of my friends from outside of school, Avery Ellie and Vicky. I've grown up with them and they are some of my closest friends.
Questions asked:
When do you plan on having children if you plan on having children?
Will you camera record the birth of your child?
Would you rather have a boy or a girl?
Do you think a woman should be married before she has children?

I interviewed all three of them together do that may have affected my results, they might have felt like they had to give a specific answer similar to what someone else was saying.

During the interview we sat at a table myself alone on one side. It was typical girl talk at first to try and make everyone feel like this was a comfortable regular conversation. When asked the first question they all replied with different variations of when they are stable and have a home of there own, they gave me bubbles. So I asked what makes one stable? Avery said a good job nice that pays a lot and my own home. Vicky said the same thing but Ellie said when I'm happy and I feel like I'm ready to love someone else. I found there answers typical yet relatable, I think all of those factors are extremely important when deciding if you're ready or not to have a child. I knew my next question would probably result in them feeling squeamish, society allows people to think that showing these things are wrong, not beauteous. Recording the birth of a child is the closest thing we have to exeriencing it without being there. They replied with squirmy faces then said maybe or yes or " I don't know I'd have to be pregnant to say" ( shrug).

I found that with their slight variations in replies they thought they couldn't do anything or know exactly how they would feel until they were actually pregnant. We've all (with the exception of Ellie) have been raised with younger siblings or family members or a pregnant woman to have some experience with the topic however we cannot say for sure. Every pregnancy is different eveu pregnancy has different cravings and different social situations. I don't knowbif the fact that we all come from different social backgrounds affected the withhold I answered and the answers they gave but I do know that they might have a big impact on it. One thing they were certain of was that a woman did not need to be married to have a child, a woman only needed a man to make the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment