Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HW-37 Comments on Birth and pregnancy stories

MENTOR: I think that Luz does a great job of making these things personal, by turning the interview into a conversation I think it helped keep the vibe calm and it helped to gather genuine replies. I also thought her tone was very professional yet casual. A line that stands out to me in this passage is the one where she sums up the idea of surviving during pregnancy. "During pregnancy and birth you don’t know what to expect so you try your best and share the rest, kind of like a survival guide for other soon to be pregnant mothers." I think it makes a lot of sense. One thing I think Luz can work on is possibly making her blog a littler focused on the assignment.

PROTEGE: I think that Luz makes her blog sound very personal and that is the point of the blog posts. A line that stands out to me is one where Luz talks about how woman make gorse things very funny and normal. " We see the gross things that happen as a gateway to connect, making it a funny story. " Its true I have heard a lot of stories about vomiting babies that is made to look cute. One thing I think I can think about later on is my own childhood and birth.

COMMENTS FOR:

Ally: I liked that you started the blog with a story and a very interesting one at that, I think it helps pull readers in. I also liked your question about her thoughts on teen pregnancy, her answers were interesting too. Just try and be mindful of the ending of your blogs because I think it got cut off. Great Job.

Bryanna:Since I know your family I can totally understand your questions and the answers you got. I like that you interviewed the women you know best I think it makes your blog personal and creative, I also like that you put what they had said into your own words so its all your interpretation. But remember to spell check, and don't forget to tell us about what you think, interested to know! Good Job.

David:You had interviews with people that had different experiences but the same motivation, I thought that it made you blog a lot more complex. One thing that stood out to me was the line "it also depends on how the kid turns out which really makes their minds up on whether or not the process of pregnancy was actually worth it or not." because as horrible as it sounds but I think that it's true. It makes sense to me. One thing I think you can work on it the fluidity of your blog, try to organize your ideas a little better. Great Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment