Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HW 44 - Comments on Other People's Projects

CASEY'S BLOG:
Hey casey, as everyone else before me said; the detail in your post made the story very intriguing! I think that your project idea was amazing, I wish I could have done it.
Casey visited St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital and helped Dr. Moritz deliver babies while going into detail about the "normal" routines people performed throughout the day.
I thought that you were lucky to have experienced and assisted in the birth of someone whom you didn't know. Personally I would have felt blessed to be a part of that experience and that is what attracted me to your blog. Also during the catapult experiment we discussed your project so I decided to check it out.

NAIMA'S BLOG:

Hey nemo!

I love that you start off with a story because as I am reading it I am imagining it! Which makes me giggle. The 450$ class fee shows your dedication not only to the project but to the craft as well and I thought that made this a little bit more authentic.

You talked of your three day training to become a doula (which is awesome) and an interview from your aunt Ramona. When I heard that you were training to become a doula I thought that your blog would have some things in it that I would like to know like what are some soothing techniques and what exactly would one need to know to become a doula? Medical procedures?


ALLY'S BLOG:

Hey ally,

I thought that yor idea to do a poster board was different and somewhat refreshing. I find that presentations are more interesting than reading blog posts sometimes.

The comparison from traditional hindu practices and American practices was interesting. The baby dropping ritual was intense by American standards, dropping babies 50 feet for a blessing is intense. They are far more religiously connected to birth than we are. When I saw the cultures you were comparing I decided to look at your poster and see what you found.

No comments:

Post a Comment